Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Academic Autobiography


Academic Autobiography

                Going to school in America has taught me many lessons. I was born in Korea. Just after

 my first birthday, my family moved to America with dreams for me to learn English and have a

 good education. Today, I live with my family here in Los Angeles. They both support

 me academically and always encourage me to do my best.  My mom enrolled me into a SAT

 class during the summer so that I can have practice for the test, she also makes sure I do well on

 my grades. Likewise, my sister supports me by recommending good colleges.
            
 I grew up in California for most of my life time going to different schools with different

experiences. I went to Third Street Elementary School until fourth grade. My experience with

that school was really great, I have nostalgic memories of having fun with my friends. I used

 to attend the Korean dual language program while in Third Street school. Everyday, my class had

 to stay one hour extra after the school ended to learn to write and read Korean.This class was a lot of fun because we had many performances and events; I’ve had many great memories with this program. I went to John Burroughs Middle School during 7th and 8th grade. Personally, I didn't like my middle school years because it was boring. The one subject that got me through was art class. i like art because it’s a subject where I can relax and just draw with my own style. I love to paint and do projects for art. For both years, I took art as an elective and even received an award in 8th grade.


An influential teacher is someone who can engage the student’s attention. A teacher shouldn’t just pile on work after work in the students, but instead compromise with the students. Whether by acting humorous or having a good teaching method, a teacher should be able to interact with the class. So far, my high school years have been mediocre academically and socially. I have had some good and some lazy teachers, but I’ve learned to cope by just doing my work, no matter the circumstance.   


No comments:

Post a Comment